Equality, Education, Empowerment and Environment are the four pillars of SEED fort and we are constantly working in these areas since last two decades.
These lines of Mother Teresa, an epitome of love and care acted as inspiration for some renowned professionals of South Kolkata (West Bengal), who had a spark to serve the society in all possible way. Their journey started with the fight for land rights of a group of Oraon tribes living in Naktala area of South Kolkata. In the process, these enthusiastic minds formed a small organisation named “Naktala Centre for Socio-Economic Reform and Environmental Conservation” that will work for people, with the people and by the people. Developmental
1. Undertaking ICZMP (Integrated Coastal Zone Management Programme), West Bengal, supported by World Bank, at Sagar Island.
2. SICOM, Ministry of Environment & Forest, Government of India, is also supporting SEED in ICZMP, West Bengal.
3. Development of socio-economic condition of the Tribal families through economic activities like Aquaculture in PENs in sewage fed water bodies including breeding of Desi Magur (Clarius Magur) supported by NABARD (National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development).
4. Problems and prospects regarding formation of SHGs among rag pickers in East Kolkata and tried to develop better livelihood option for them and it was sponsored by CARE INDIA.
5. Organised 'Participatory Environment Management Programme' for the Tribal Village Kumarpukuria, of Sonarpur Block in South 24 Parganas, West Bengal in association with Department of Environment, Government of West Bengal.
6. SEED in association with Central Footwear training centre, Department of technical Education, Government of West Bengal, trained the unemployed youths of KMC Ward No-108 at Chowbaga in footwear making skill.
8. Gramin Vikas Bank supported in the formation and maintenance of Farmers' Club and SHGs in Chowbaga.
9. Environmental Awareness Mapping Programme sponsored by West Bengal Pollution Control Board.
10. SEED worked in anti-superstition and science popularisation area with support from Department of Science & Technology, Government of West Bengal.
11. SEED has organised many youth development programmes like football coaching camp, Art school and training programme for the unemployed youth in leather goods manufacturing etc., in association with Nehru Yuva Kendra. Naktala Kishalaya coaching also joined hands to train the youths in the game.
12. Organised several livelihood and skill development programmes with support from National Institute of Technical Training & Research.
13. Organised various capacity building workshops, EPAs (Entry Point Activities) and IEPs (Income Enhancement Programmes) at Sagar Island in association with Local Panchayats, Local CBOs and SHGs.
14. Organised district level Football Coaching camp for underprivileged children at Naktala area in Kolkata in association with Department of Sports , Govt. of West Bengal.
15. Central Board for Workers Education has supported in SEED's activity in labour rights entitlements in the unorganised sector, capacity building awareness etc.
16. Rain water harvesting, smokeless chullah to control indoor pollution etc., plantation, Training Programme for the farmers in Vermin compost and improved firm practices at Kumarpukur Village of Sonarpur Block supported by Department of Environment, Govt. of West Bengal.
17. Conducted ant-drug and anti-liquor campaign at Sagardeep block of South 24 Parganas districtto raise awareness and motivate local youths and established 'Addiction Resistance Committee' with support from Local Youth Clubs.
18. Training Programme on Disaster Preparedness at Ramnagar village in East Midnapur with support from 'Marine Fishermen Association' and local CBOs.
19. Training/ Workshop on Sustainable Agriculture at Bharatgar G.P of Basanti Block in South 24 Parganas with support from the Food & Agriculture Engineering Department, IIT Kharagpur.
20. Organised a training camp cum workshop on disaster preparedness for the fishermen and local youths at Mayagoalini village of Sagardeep Block in South 24 Parganas in association with Sagardeep fishermen association.
21. Sensitisation camp on prevention of HIV/AIDS in association with local village level clubs and schools. Resource persons from NACO and medical officers from block level health centres also offered their service.
22. Organised Blood donation camp in Kolkata in association with 'Naktala Pallymangal Samity'.
23. Training programme for poor unemployed youth in horticulture and nursery, at Asharuli village in Falta Block of South 24 Parganas district in association with Pratayanayan, a local NGO.
24. Non-formal Education and Adult Education programme associated with an NGO named 'Sanskriti-O-Samaj Unnayan Parishad'.
Equality, Education, Empowerment and Environment are the four pillars of SEED fort and we are constantly working in these areas since last two decades.Centre for Socio-Economic Reform and Environmental Conservation” that will work for people, with the people and by the people. Developmental